pthreads/openmp/mingw32

Dear,

I'm having trouble with following combination :

Windows XP
Mingw32 compiler
4.4.X gcc and openmp (libgomp)
pthreads-win32.

A trivial program in which openmp pragma is used in a thread crashes.
This has given me already days of headaches into porting a working program from linux to windows ..

I started diving deeper and deeper to understand what might be going on.

I'm bumping into a situation where phtread_getspecific() returns NULL, while there was a pthread_setspecific() setting it.
(all those calls coming from libgomp)
Before I start going deeper and deeper : anyone some suggestions what might be going on ?

Thanks for the help,

Jos