This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: strange pthread_create cap
Thanks for the replies. I managed to figure out what was wrong, and will
post this here in case some else manages to do the same rookie mistake
in the future.
The root of the problem was that I was compiling with a memory
management library. This, in turn, caused the whole non-paged pool
available for my application to be allocated within the first few calls
(and I suspect didn't fully release the sockets either) - actually
starting threads made this obvious (simply opening/closing sockets
I had initially dismissed the memory management library as a cause
because when compiling without it I still saw random test failures - so
I assumed (wrongly) that there must be something I was missing in the
sockets. However, while trying to figure out what resources I did not
release, I fixed the bug which caused the tests to fail - so now when I
do a simple compile, everything works as it should (and all the tests
pass, which is a bonus!).