This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: Problem with 100% CPU and fan running
- From: Ross Johnson <Ross dot Johnson at homemail dot com dot au>
- To: nickfox <nicolaspatrickfox at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 23:00:30 +1000
- Subject: Re: Problem with 100% CPU and fan running
- References: <email@example.com>
Any reason to suspect the pthreads-win32 library especially? Generally
it's designed not to cause continuous CPU load (with one exception on
SMP machines being pthread_spin_lock, but which is intended only for
very short duration locks).
Have you reported this to the VRP developers?
I'm running a demo I found on sourceforge:
and when I first start up the demo, the fan on my XP service pack 3 machine
starts running. When I run the app, the CPU pegs to 100%. The demo is using
Is there a way to keep this from happening?