This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: [Fwd: export control pthreads-win32]
- From: Philipp Klaus Krause <pkk at spth dot de>
- To: Ross Johnson <Ross dot Johnson at homemail dot com dot au>
- Cc: pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 22:04:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: export control pthreads-win32]
- References: <4847F8B3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Ross Johnson schrieb:
> I suspect there is no answer but I thought I'd ask the list because it
> hasn't come up before.
Sounds like he wants to use pthreads-win32 in a product that will be
shipped to Cuba or something.
However I don't know how US export regulations apply to free software
(with commercial software you often have to agree not to reexport to
Cuba even indirectly when downloading something, but here it's just the
(L)GPL). However we see countries like Cuba use free software and I've
never heard of someone being put to court for giing it to them.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----