Newbie trying to build statically linkable lib.

Hi,

I am a total newbie !! so please excuse my stupid
question...

I was able to use Win32 pthreads as a DLL. Everything
was perfect.

But for easier distribution of my program I want to
link it statically.

So I downloaded pthreads-w32-2-8-0-release.exe and
extracted all the files in C:\pthreads.

I then went to C:\pthreads\pthreads.2 and ran "nmake
clean VC-static". However, I get the following error:

c:\pthreads\pthreads.2\pthread.h(218) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such
file or directory

1) So it is ofcourse not able to find time.h whilch
lies in MSVC include folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include. Can
anyone please tell me what exactly do I need to do
here ?

2) Do I need to add all the pthread source files
(which I downloaded and extracted),  to my project ?

3) So, I guess once nmake succeeds, it will create
pthreadVCn.lib. Then what do I need to do with it ?
Just copy paste it to the MSVC lib directory ?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me out
here !!!!

Thanks and regards,
VJ.

      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/