This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Newbie trying to build statically linkable lib.
- From: Varun Jobanputra <varunj34 at yahoo dot com>
- To: pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:33:14 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Newbie trying to build statically linkable lib.
I am a total newbie !! so please excuse my stupid
I was able to use Win32 pthreads as a DLL. Everything
But for easier distribution of my program I want to
link it statically.
So I downloaded pthreads-w32-2-8-0-release.exe and
extracted all the files in C:\pthreads.
I then went to C:\pthreads\pthreads.2 and ran "nmake
clean VC-static". However, I get the following error:
c:\pthreads\pthreads.2\pthread.h(218) : fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such
file or directory
1) So it is ofcourse not able to find time.h whilch
lies in MSVC include folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include. Can
anyone please tell me what exactly do I need to do
2) Do I need to add all the pthread source files
(which I downloaded and extracted), to my project ?
3) So, I guess once nmake succeeds, it will create
pthreadVCn.lib. Then what do I need to do with it ?
Just copy paste it to the MSVC lib directory ?
I would really appreciate if someone can help me out
Thanks and regards,
Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/