This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
RE: Pthreads-win32 - New release 2.8.0 is out now
- From: "Tim Theisen" <ttheisen at tomotherapy dot com>
- To: "Ross Johnson" <Ross dot Johnson at homemail dot com dot au>, "Pthreads-Win32 list" <pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:32:21 -0600
- Subject: RE: Pthreads-win32 - New release 2.8.0 is out now
I ran the test suite on my SMP system and all tests passed.
Tim Theisen Lead Research Software Engineer
Phone: +1 608 824 2848 TomoTherapy Incorporated
Fax: +1 608 824 2996 1240 Deming Way
Web: http://www.tomotherapy.com Madison, WI 53717-1954
[mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Ross Johnson
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 22:05
To: Pthreads-Win32 list
Subject: Pthreads-win32 - New release 2.8.0 is out now
Announcing a new release of pthreads-w32:- pthreads-w32-2-8-0-release
Packages are available in self-unpacking zip files (.exe) and gzipped
tar files (.tar.gz) as usual.
or go directly to:
There may be a low ftp concurrent user limit at the above site.
Mirrors are at:
(available as they update)
New bug fixes in this release since 2.7.0 have not been applied to the
version 1.x.x series. It is probably time to drop version 1.
Testing and verification
This release has not yet been tested on SMP architechtures. All tests
pass on a uni-processor system. If someone can run the test suite on an
SMP system, please let the list know of any success or failure.
* Sem_destroy could return EBUSY even though no threads were waiting on
the semaphore. Other races around invalidating semaphore structs
(internally) have been removed as well.
* For WinCE, now checks COREDLL.DLL for InterlockedCompareExchange()
instead of KERNEL32.DLL. This used to be the way it was when the library
checked for TryEnterCriticalSection(), which was removed after that
routine was no longer needed. It was omitted when the technique was
resurrected later for the new purpose. Note: there are no pre-built libs
semaphore5.c - tests the sem_destroy bug fix referred to above.