This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Pthreads-win32 - New release 2.8.0 is out now
- From: Ross Johnson <Ross dot Johnson at homemail dot com dot au>
- To: Pthreads-Win32 list <pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:05:04 +1100
- Subject: Pthreads-win32 - New release 2.8.0 is out now
Announcing a new release of pthreads-w32:-
Packages are available in self-unpacking zip files (.exe) and gzipped
tar files (.tar.gz) as usual.
or go directly to:
There may be a low ftp concurrent user limit at the above site.
Mirrors are at:
(available as they update)
New bug fixes in this release since 2.7.0 have not been applied to the
version 1.x.x series. It is probably time to drop version 1.
Testing and verification
This release has not yet been tested on SMP architechtures. All tests pass
on a uni-processor system. If someone can run the test suite on an SMP system,
please let the list know of any success or failure.
* Sem_destroy could return EBUSY even though no threads were waiting on the
semaphore. Other races around invalidating semaphore structs (internally)
have been removed as well.
* For WinCE, now checks COREDLL.DLL for InterlockedCompareExchange() instead of
KERNEL32.DLL. This used to be the way it was when the library checked for
TryEnterCriticalSection(), which was removed after that routine was
no longer needed. It was omitted when the technique was resurrected later
for the new purpose. Note: there are no pre-built libs for WinCE.
semaphore5.c - tests the sem_destroy bug fix referred to above.