This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
- From: Eric Berge <eric dot berge at quantum dot com>
- To: pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:56:50 -0500
- Subject: pthread_cond_destroy bug
I was running a tool recently that flagged some missing
LeaveCriticalSection() calls in pthread_cond_destroy().
These are the following two return calls after entering
the critical section:
if (*cond != PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER)
cv = *cond;
* Close the gate; this will synchronize this thread with
* all already signaled waiters to let them retract their
* waiter status - SEE NOTE 1 ABOVE!!!
if (sem_wait (&(cv->semBlockLock)) != 0)
* !TRY! lock mtxUnblockLock; try will detect busy condition
* and will not cause a deadlock with respect to concurrent
if ((result = pthread_mutex_trylock (&(cv->mtxUnblockLock))) != 0)
(void) sem_post (&(cv->semBlockLock));
I've fixed this in our local copy but thought I'd pass this along
for inclusion in the base code.
101 W. Burnsville Pkwy #200
Burnsville, MN 55337