This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
RE: Good Algorithm for "Multiple Readers"/"Multiple Writers"
- From: "Robert Kindred" <RKindred at SwRI dot edu>
- To: "Stephen Croall" <scroall at tibco dot com>, <pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:46:48 -0600
- Subject: RE: Good Algorithm for "Multiple Readers"/"Multiple Writers"
- Reply-to: <RKindred at SwRI dot edu>
I use the pthread_rwlock_t in pthreads-win32, and it works fine.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> [mailto:email@example.com]On Behalf Of Stephen Croall
> Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:10 AM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Good Algorithm for "Multiple Readers"/"Multiple Writers"
> I'm looking for a good, performant algorithm for "multiple
> reader"/"multiple writer" locking.
> I'm in the process of writing my own but I would rather not fall into
> any common pitfalls, especially since performance & scalability are
> Is anyone aware of whether POSIX implements this type of lock? I can't
> seem to find any reference to it in the POSIX documentation.
> Cheers, Steve.
> J. Senior Software Engineer, Tibco Software Ltd.
> T. +44 (0) 1792 360773
> M. +44 (0) 7788 971394
> E. email@example.com
> W. www.tibco.com