This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: Methods for "signalling" other threads?
- From: Ronny Pfannschmidt <Ronny dot Pfannschmidt at gmx dot de>
- To: Mark Nowhere <markwod at yahoo dot co dot uk>
- Cc: pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:26:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: Methods for "signalling" other threads?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Nowhere wrote:
Just a quick question. I have a serial
reader/writer thread and an network reader/writer
thread. Basically I want the serial thread to, once
new data has come in from the COMM port signal the
network thread in some way to get it to pick up the
data and send it over the network. Just not sure what
I should use to get this effect?
Options I can see are:
something else :)
Many thanks for any advice
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com
why dont let the 1st thread [read serial] -> [write net],
and the 2nd [read net] -> [write serial]