This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: New pthreads-w32 releases available: versions 2.3.0 and 1.7.0
- From: Alexander Terekhov <TEREKHOV at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ross Johnson <Ross dot Johnson at homemail dot com dot au>
- Cc: Pthreads-Win32 list <pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:18:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: New pthreads-w32 releases available: versions 2.3.0 and 1.7.0
[... named mutex and atrocities of MS impl ...]
It's not that hard to implement it using a map with pointers (to
"normal" mutex + refcount structure and addresses of once_control
variables as keys).
[... Windows Interlocked stuff ...]
In the meantime, MS has documented that they are fully fenced
(newer Acq/Rel stuff aside for a moment).
But you'll need acquire semantics for check on fast path. Not a
problem on IA32 (where all loads do have acquire semantics), but
on IA64 (lets pretend that it's still alive ;-) ), you'll need a
bit of assembly to make it fast.