This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: New pthreads-w32 releases available: versions 2.3.0 and 1.7.0
- From: Alexander Terekhov <TEREKHOV at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ross Johnson <RossJohnson at homemail dot com dot au>
- Cc: Pthreads-Win32 list <pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:10:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: New pthreads-w32 releases available: versions 2.3.0 and 1.7.0
[... pthread_once() ...]
I'm not inclined to check the code at the moment, but I can tell
you that robust approach to priority problems is to use locks with
priority protocols on the them. Trying to optimize-out mutex
doesn't make much sense here since you need it on slow path (once
per thread per once_control instance at most) only.
Variation of DCSI (either MBR or TLS) with named mutex is the way