This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: thread suspend/resume
- From: Ross Johnson <rpj at callisto dot canberra dot edu dot au>
- To: Robin Rowe <rower at MovieEditor dot com>
- Cc: Pthreads-Win32 list <pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:44:04 +1000
- Subject: Re: thread suspend/resume
- References: <107301c53290$91679010$0400a8c0@cary>
On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 21:48 -0800, Robin Rowe wrote:
> Is there a mechanism in Pthreads for Windows to enable suspend/resume on
> threads similar to Windows threads?
[I would have responded earlier only I've been out of town.]
Assuming you don't mean 'create suspended' - the underlying Win32 thread
handle can be returned via:-
HANDLE pthread_getw32threadhandle_np(pthread_t thread)
Returns the win32 thread handle that the POSIX
thread "thread" is running as.
Applications can use the win32 handle to set
win32 specific attributes of the thread.