This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Corrected pthreads-w32 releases available: versions 2.1.0 and 1.5.0
- From: Ross Johnson <RossJohnson at homemail dot com dot au>
- To: Pthreads-Win32 list <pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:18:33 +1100
- Subject: Corrected pthreads-w32 releases available: versions 2.1.0 and 1.5.0
Apologies for the inconvenience. A silly mistake was made in the
previous release which just had to be put right ASAP. Otherwise this
announcement is the same as the last.
[Please note that the package naming has changed to facilitate the main
development trunk and a back-port branch for version 1.x.x, and to
differentiate release versions from beta versions etc. when
Announcing two new releases of pthreads-w32:-
Packages are available in self-unpacking zip files (.exe) and gzipped
tar files (.tar.gz) as usual.
or go directly to:
Red Hat have a low ftp concurrent user limit. Mirrors are at (available
as they update):
RELEASE 2.1.0 and 1.5.0
Undo change to pthread_setcancelstate() made in 2.0.0 described below.
1.5.0 is the back-port of 2.1.0 functionality.
This release represents an ABI change and the DLL version naming has
incremented from 1 to 2, e.g. pthreadVC2.dll.
Version 1.4.0 back-ports the new functionality included in this
release. Please distribute DLLs built from that version with updates
to applications built on pthreads-win32 version 1.x.x.
The package naming has changed, replacing the snapshot date with
the version number + descriptive information. E.g. this
release is "pthreads-w32-2-0-0-release".
* pthread_setcancelstate() no longer checks for a pending
async cancel event if the library is using alertable async
cancel. See the README file (Prerequisites section) for info
on adding alertable async cancellation.
* pthread_once() now supports init_routine cancellability.
* Aggressively test pthread_once() init_routine cancellability.