This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
RE: FW: sem_getvalue()
- From: Blanco Alejandro-EAB005 <Alex dot Blanco at motorola dot com>
- To: "'Alexander Terekhov'" <TEREKHOV at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "'Ross Johnson'" <rpj at ise dot canberra dot edu dot au>, pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:12:13 -0400
- Subject: RE: FW: sem_getvalue()
What's xbd? I was looking at an appendix for a POSIX spec and it defined it non-optionally.
From: Alexander Terekhov [mailto:TEREKHOV@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 9:55 AM
To: Blanco Alejandro-EAB005
Cc: 'Ross Johnson'; email@example.com
Subject: RE: FW: sem_getvalue()
> "The updated value represents an actual semaphore value..."
Semaphore value is either zero or positive. See XBD. Reporting
number of waiters as negative value is "optional" and you shall not rely on this feature. As I said, stay away from semas (if you have a choice).