This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
RE: Unix vs. Windows Posix threads !
- From: Kok YihTzye-CYK011 <yihtzye dot kok at motorola dot com>
- To: "'Jef Gearhart'" <jef at tpssys dot com>, Lavanya Swetharanyan <lavanya at psatellite dot com>
- Cc: pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 04:34:32 +0800
- Subject: RE: Unix vs. Windows Posix threads !
I believe the problem is not from pthread library. As I don't have leaking problem with pthread.
It could be your code or WinSock.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Jef Gearhart
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 3:31 AM
To: Lavanya Swetharanyan
Subject: Re: Unix vs. Windows Posix threads !
Your memory leak is probably due to the handle leak. This could be
pthread related or not. Handle leaks can be difficult to detect. I
recommend simply reviewing your code thoroughly. Without seeing your
code I cannot suggest anything more.
Lavanya Swetharanyan wrote:
> Thanks. I ran the application and opened the task manager as
> suggested. The thread count is constant at 6. The handle though are
> increasing continuously. Even when the delta memory is 0 the handle
> count is increasing. The delta mem varies from 0-4-8 K every time the
> screen refreshes on its own. What does this increasing number of
> handles mean ?. Is it causing the memory leak ?. I am also using
> windows sockets apart from pthreads.