This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: Windows kernel-mode implementation of pthreads
- From: "Phil Frisbie, Jr." <phil at hawksoft dot com>
- To: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko dot arnaudov at atia dot com>
- Cc: pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:09:10 -0800
- Subject: Re: Windows kernel-mode implementation of pthreads
- Organization: Hawk Software
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
Is there Windows kernel-mode implementation of pthreads ?
Is one needed? I must admit I do not know all the rules of Windows kernel mode
I currently want only condition variable.
It is not too hard to port condition variables over to Windows events if that is
all you need.
If not (expected), will it be
violation of LGPL if I use code from pthreads-win32 in kernel mode
driver for Windows ?
If you need to 'cut and paste' then you will need to publish your source code,
but if you use pthreads-win32 as a DLL you do not.
If it is legal, I'd like to know about any caveats
that you expect I'll fall into when porting condition variable code into
Windows Kernel mode.
Phil Frisbie, Jr.