Re: use pthread under winCE

I have now declare WINCE, HAVE_CONFIG_H, and add some macros for <process.h> and <sys/timeb.h> too.

The project now compile, with a warning :
ptw32_getprocessors.c(67) : warning C4013: 'GetProcessAffinityMask' undefined; assuming extern returning int

But when it links I get these errors :
pthread.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _errno
pthread.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _GetProcessAffinityMask referenced in function _ptw32_getprocessors

The _errno function is in the project and compile, I don't understand why the linker don't find it.
The _GetProcessAffinityMask looks like a standard function for thread, but I don't find it in the eVC include.

Benoit Raque

James Ewing wrote:

Did you define WINCE in the project?

I compile pthreads for ARM using Micrsoft's Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 regularly and haven't had any problems. I have the following defines in the config.h file:

#ifdef WINCE
#define NEED_DUPLICATEHANDLE
#define NEED_CREATETHREAD
#define NEED_ERRNO
#define NEED_CALLOC
#define NEED_FTIME
#define NEED_SEM
#define NEED_UNICODE_CONSTS
#endif

And the following in every file that includes <process.h>:

#if !defined(_UWIN) && !defined(WINCE)
#include <process.h>
#endif

Best Regards,

James Ewing

Benoit Raque wrote:

Hi,

I try to compile the pthreads-win32 library for winCE, but I can only get a dll and a lib on the x86 format (using VC++6 to compile).
When I make a project in embedded Visual C (3 or 4), I get an error "can't found process.h".

Is there a way to compile it in the ARM, MIPS or other format ?

Thank you for your help Benoit Raque

.