RE: message queues & timers

If I remember correctly it was left out because it's not technically part of the POSIX Threads standard.  It would be nice however if it was included as a separately library that came packaged with PThreads-Win32.

Aurelio
-----Original Message-----
From: Blanco Alejandro-EAB005 [mailto:Alex.Blanco@motorola.com]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 11:16 AM
To: 'pthreads-win32@sources.redhat.com'
Subject: message queues & timers

I found many threads on Aurelio Medina's message queue implementation, but it does not appear to be in the distribution.  I grabbed the latest version from the mailing list, but is there a reason not to put it in the release?

Is there support for timers?  I know without signals it is hard to have general purpose support, but what about just supporting SIGEV_THREAD that uses a notification function?

Alex Blanco