This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: Which thread is released when pthread_cond_signal() is called
- From: Ross Johnson <rpj at ise dot canberra dot edu dot au>
- To: Matthew Ford <matthew dot ford at forward dot com dot au>
- Cc: pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:49:01 +1100
- Subject: Re: Which thread is released when pthread_cond_signal() is called
- Organization: University of Canberra, Management and Technology
- References: <007a01c2c7f1$9238d8c0$0200a8c0@NOTEBOOK>
In pthreads-win32 this will be determined by the behaviour of
Win32's WaitForMultipleObjects() and ReleaseSemaphore() routines,
which are at the centre of pthread_cond_*().
I think Win32 semaphore releases are FIFO, like Win32 mutexes.
Matthew Ford wrote:
Assume for simplicity that all the waiting threads are of the same
Which one will wake up on a call to