RE: Simple question.

If it were me...
I would create another thread that manged an output queue.  I would arrange for the contributing threads to write their output to this thread's input method -- as one "atomic" text block.  Then I would call some other method to "print" it or queue it up for printing.  The management of sending chars to the screen would be done by this queue manager and it would be the only place I would put an output call in all of my code.  Also, I would consider alternatives to cout if you have any.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Boon [mailto:kboon@bmi.osu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 12:03 PM
To: pthreads-win32@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Simple question.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question - so I apolgize in
advance if it not.

First some quick background. I am a college undergrad charged with porting a
linux app to the win32 platform. I chose this pthreads implementation to make
the task much easier. So far it's worked very well. My only question is how
people deal with console output. I have multiple threads using cout to print
things to the console, but the output is all jumbled up. If I try to link
with a thread safe version of the standard library on windows, I get all
sorts of linker errors. It seems like people must have had to work around
this before, but I haven't been able to find any information about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kyle Boon