From: Patrick Frants [mailto:patrick@quintiq.com]
Sent: February 26, 2002 12:43 PM
To: pthreads-win32@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: sem_trywait never returns EAGAIN

Hi,

>From the Linux man pages I concluded that calling sem_trywait on a semaphore
with a zero count should result in an EAGAIN return value. I get a -1 all
time
time. Intiializing the count with 1 and calling sem_trywait two times
results in 0 and -1 return codes. Initializing with 0, calling sem_trywait
results in a -1 return
code. Initializing with 0, calling sem_post, and sem_trywait twice results
in 0 and -1 return codes for the sem_trywait calls.

Are my expectations wrong or is the behaviour of the library wrong?

Here is my sample code:

#include <pthread.h>
#include <semaphore.h>
#include <cassert>