This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Still having deadlock problems ?
- From: Pietrobon Marcello <teiffel at attglobal dot net>
- To: Pthreads Developers List <pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:07:30 -0600
- Subject: Still having deadlock problems ?
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
At the end of the page http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/
there is a link to an important article of Johnson M. Hart with title
"Experiments with the Open Source Pthreads Library and Some Comments"
In the middle of that article he talks really well about Open Source POSIX
Threads for Win32, but he also says:
"Furthermore, the Open Source code contains at least one comment about a
possible deadlock; this comment is not very reassuring."
What is talking about. Is still that problem existing ?
It is very important to me to be able to trust completely Pthread-Win32, so
I cannot use it if I don't know when this problem appears.
If this problem does not appears, it would be a good idea to ask J. M. Hart
to update that statement in his article.