This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Problem using PThreads TLS from a DLL.
- From: "Aurelio Medina" <AMedina at xcaliber dot com>
- To: <pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Pat Bacon" <pbacon at xcaliber dot com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:51:55 -0600
- Subject: Problem using PThreads TLS from a DLL.
I've encountered a problem when using the PThreads-Win32 (PThreadVCE) thread local storage (TLS) routines from within my own DLL. Before I dig any deeper I would like to know if anyone has seen this and/or has a workaround. My DLL is calloc'ing TLS data and I believe the TLS destructors (which I have calling free) are firing within the main app and not within my DLL. This causes the app that uses my DLL to crash in the TLS destructor when calling free. It crashes beacuse the app is trying to free CRT memory allocated by my DLL. Is there some PThread function that I can call in my DLLMain to cause the TLS destructors to fire when my DLL is detached?