This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: What's the suggested way to build pthreads?
- From: "Phil Frisbie, Jr." <phil at hawksoft dot com>
- To: Magnus Zakrisson <magnus at orcsoftware dot com>
- Cc: "Pthreads-Win32 at Sources dot Redhat dot Com" <pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 07:29:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: What's the suggested way to build pthreads?
- Organization: Hawk Software
- References: <PIEPLNNHOHEHGLCJFFHEGEENCBAA.email@example.com>
I have always built the library with MSVC 5.0, so 6.0 should also work
> Magnus Zakrisson wrote:
> I've read in the FAQ that the suggested way to build pthreads is using
> Mingw32 with the MSVCRT library. But all the links to Mingw32 seems
> very old (from the previous millenium) and some links doesn't even
> exist anylonger.
> So what is the answer today, how should I build pthreads?
> And if the answer still is that I should use Mingw32 from where do I
> get it and the other stuff that I may need?
> I have Cygwin 1.0 and VC++ 6.0 on Win2000. I also have a collegue who
> have the same environment as I do except for VC++ which he doesn't
> want to install if doesn't have to (he's working in another project
> and they don't use VC++).
Phil Frisbie, Jr.