This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: mutex implementation
- To: Ye Liu <yliu at tibco dot com>
- Subject: Re: mutex implementation
- From: Thomas Pfaff <tpfaff at gmx dot net>
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:00:32 +0200 (Westeuropäische Sommerzeit)
- cc: win32-pthread <pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Ye Liu wrote:
> When implementing mutex, why win32 mutex object is not used directly. I
> posted the same question in comp.thread.programming group before, the
> answer is not convincing. What about you insiders' opinion?
> Ye Liu
> Tel(O) 650-846-5228
The current implementation is much faster under some circumstances. You
can compare it with a CriticalSection.