PThreads under win95 linked to missing export

Hi People,

I'm new to this list and have recently started using pthreads-win32 so
I could port some UNIX software to the windows environment.

One problem I have run into is a missing export error.  If I take my
app (compiled under win98 SE using ms vc++ 6.0) and pthreadvce.dll
file and put them on a win95 machine (Version 4.00.950B), I get the
following error:

The PTHREADVCE.DLL file is linked to missing export
KERNEL32.DLL:InterlockedCompareExchange

I looked around on the web, and also in the mailing list archives, but
found no reference to this error.  Any thoughts on what might be the
source of my problem, and how to fix it?

TIA,

-Martin

--
Expert carrier network traffic analysis and visualisation
http://www.gadgets.co.nz/products.shtml