This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
pthread, posix msg queues, and unix ipc
- To: "pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot cygnus dot com" <pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: pthread, posix msg queues, and unix ipc
- From: Phil Crescioli <pcrescio at dsrnet dot com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:32:53 -0400
- Organization: DSR
I'm working on multiple platforms using pthreads and deciding on
a message transfer mechanism for each platforms internal transfers
- either posix message queues or unix IPC.
Can someone tell me the main differences between Posix Message Queues and
Unix IPC message transfers using msgget(), msgsnd(), msgrcv() ?
Also, does Linux 2.x support posix message queues ? I cant seem to find mq_open,
mq_send, etc.. on my Linux 2.4 box. Is this a Linux add-on I need to download off the net?