This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: execute of pthreads-2001-07-03 fails
- To: reentrant <reentrant at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: execute of pthreads-2001-07-03 fails
- From: Ross Johnson <rpj at ise dot canberra dot edu dot au>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:35:04 +1000
- CC: Scott Rowe <scott at el dot dms dot moore dot com>, pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com
- Organization: University of Canberra, Information Sciences and Engineering
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks. I've temporarily renamed the file to .zip on both ftp
> At the moment it appears to be a zip file and not an exe. Rename it to .zip
> and unzip it as usual and it should work. That error and "illegal instruction"
> seem pretty common when a file is not actually an exe but named as one.
> --- Scott Rowe <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > when I download and run the pthreads-2001-07-03.exe file, I
> > get the DOS error message: "Program too big to fit in memory"
> > the previous release runs and unpacks fine. Do you know what
> > could be wrong?
> > Thank you.
> > Scott Rowe
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail
| Ross Johnson | | "Come down off the cross
| Management & Technology |___| We can use the wood" - Tom Waits
| Building 11 |
| University of Canberra | eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
| ACT 2601 | WWW:
| AUSTRALIA |