This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: pthreads on Win2k
- To: Steve Croall <SCroall at staffware dot com>
- Subject: Re: pthreads on Win2k
- From: "Stephen R. Johns" <stephen dot johns at securelogix dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:30:56 -0600
- CC: 'John Funnell' <jfunnell at projectmayo dot com>,"'pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot cygnus dot com'" <pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <E4322E4A1C05D511851A000102B82E88024BB7@PANDORA>
Probably not related, but just in case...
I've been trying to port a linux program to pthreadw32, and found
a mutex issue/difference.
Linux allows threads other than the locking thread to unlock a mutex,
but pthreads does not. So if you are trying to do that, your
unlocks never work.
Steve Croall wrote:
> I have run a pthreaded application successfully on win2k as well as windows
> NT. The application was originally developed in NT.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Funnell [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: 22 March 2001 19:20
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: pthreads on Win2k
> Has anyone successfully run pthread-win32 on win2k? I have an application
> (nothing too smart, two threads, a mutex) which runs fine on a dual NT box
> but not on a single processor Win2k machine.
> It's most likely I'm doing something silly but it would be encouraging to
> hear some else's success story on 2k.
> Also is there a list of know bugs/FAQs for this project?
> Thanks for a great library,
> John Funnell,
> Project Mayo