This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
C++ typedef problem(?)
- To: "Pthread-List" <pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: C++ typedef problem(?)
- From: "Dennis Foreman" <dforeman at stny dot rr dot com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:44:34 -0500
- Reply-To: <foreman at binghamton dot edu>
I recently had an occasion to use:
list<pthread_mutex_t *> x;
Where the list datatype comes from LEDA, which supposedly supports almost
anything as a type for the list class.
I got a syntax error from MSVC++ 5.0 saying that pthread_mutex_t_ (note the
ending "_") was an undefined type. I found a typedef for it in
implementation.h, so I included it too and the error went away. I am using a
pretty old version of the library (1999) because it has been very stable.
The questions are:
1. why didn't pthread.h include the implementation.h file itself?
2. will doing this cause me any other problems?
D. J. Foreman