This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: Mutex implementation questions
- To: Tristan Savatier <tristan at mpegtv dot com>
- Subject: Re: Mutex implementation questions
- From: Ross Johnson <rpj at ise dot canberra dot edu dot au>
- Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 17:23:46 +1100
- CC: Scott McCaskill <scott at 3dfx dot com>, "'pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com'" <pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Organization: University of Canberra, Information Sciences and Engineering
- References: <BFB941396BAED3118E1E00A0C9F2D365314264@aub1exch01.austin.3dfx.com> <39D915D3.BD32B0A7@mpegtv.com>
Tristan Savatier wrote:
> > Scott McCaskill wrote:
> > Yes, I'm pretty sure critical sections can't be shared between
> > processes (but mutexes can). So this may be the reason.
> Yes, but does the pthread API permit the creation of pthread mutexes
> are shared between processes ?
Pthreads-win32 doesn't have them yet, but it does have the
functions (pthread_*_*pshared) defined. Those and some others emit
an error if you try to use process shared objects.
_POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED is not defined in pthreads-win32.
| Ross Johnson | | E-Mail: email@example.com
| Info Sciences and Eng|___|
| University of Canberra | FAX: +61 6 2015227
| PO Box 1 |
| Belconnen ACT 2616 | WWW: http://willow.canberra.edu.au/~rpj/
| AUSTRALIA |