This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: Mutex implementation questions
- To: Scott McCaskill <scott at 3dfx dot com>
- Subject: Re: Mutex implementation questions
- From: Tristan Savatier <tristan at mpegtv dot com>
- Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 16:10:11 -0700
- CC: "'pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com'" <pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Organization: MpegTV - http://www.mpegtv.com - +1 415 864 6466
- References: <BFB941396BAED3118E1E00A0C9F2D365314264@aub1exch01.austin.3dfx.com>
> Scott McCaskill wrote:
> Yes, I'm pretty sure critical sections can't be shared between
> processes (but mutexes can). So this may be the reason.
Yes, but does the pthread API permit the creation of pthread mutexes
are shared between processes ?
If not, then what would be the advantage of using CreateMutex
rather than InitializeCriticalSection ?