Re: Problem in pthread_cancel() ?

I fixed this last night and should have another snapshot
uploaded within 12-24 hours after I check for other suspect
code.

John is totally correct. I added the retrieve of "self" from TLS
to pthread_cancel() when I added a cancel lock to the pthread
struct. The addition of async cancelation to the library required
pthread_cancel() and other cancelation routines to be cancel-safe.
I must have assumed that pthread_cancel wouldn't be called from
a non-posix thread. That must be the first rule of programming:
never hardcode an assumption when the software can check it.

It has been passing the testsuite because
all of the cancelation tests explicitly retrieve "self" at the
start of their main routines. From now on I'll be doing only
what is minimally required in each test and nothing more :o\
(That would be the first rule of testing.)

Ross