This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: Does libpthread32 work on multiprocessor machines
- To: Hugues Talbot <Hugues dot Talbot at cmis dot CSIRO dot AU>
- Subject: Re: Does libpthread32 work on multiprocessor machines
- From: Ross Johnson <rpj at ise dot canberra dot edu dot au>
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:35:10 +1000
- CC: pthreads-win32 at sources dot redhat dot com
- Organization: University of Canberra, Information Sciences and Engineering
- References: <200008170037.KAA09952@localhost.localdomain>
Would you be able to grab the pthreads-win32 1999-11-02 source
and run the testsuite therein? To run the tests you should
find that tests\Makefile is actually GNU compatible but
will expect to find pthread.dll and libpthread32.a in the
parent directory (tests\..).
I'm still tracking down problems with the Mingw32 built dll
for the current snapshot but that work is in the queue behind
a couple of other projects at the moment.
Hugues Talbot wrote:
> The subject says it all. I've got this application which
> works just fine using Pthread.dll on a single-processor NT box,
> but crashes and burns on a dual-processor one. Same executable,
> same patchlevel, running NT4.0pl6. I'm using the older snapshot
> though, not the most recent one, and I'm compiling with mingw32
> (gcc 2.95-2).
> The same code runs fine on multiprocessor Unix boxes
> (Linux, Solaris and Compaq Tru64).
> Thanks for any insight.
> Hugues Talbot, CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
> Locked Bag 17, Building E6B, Macquarie University North Ryde
> NSW 2113 Australia Ph: 61 2 9325 3208 Fax: 61 2 9325 3200
> A picture is worth a thousand words but takes up more bandwidth.
| Ross Johnson | | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
| Info Sciences and Eng|___|
| University of Canberra | FAX: +61 6 2015227
| PO Box 1 |
| Belconnen ACT 2616 | WWW: http://willow.canberra.edu.au/~rpj/
| AUSTRALIA |