This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: Thank you guys, thank you!
- To: pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Thank you guys, thank you!
- From: Ales Pour <pour at princip dot cz>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:17:41 +0200
- Organization: Princip a.s.
- References: <200007200917.TAA08139@pyrmont-nh.nsw.cmis.csiro.au>
> Now for some additional question: how is it possible to compile
> against the pthread.lib, not the DLL, to produce a (more) static
> executable, so that I don't have to ship pthread.dll? Sorry if this
> is an elementary question, I'm new to this.
As far as I know, .lib files are import libraries that doesn't contain
any code (which resides in according .dll); there's no way to have win32
static binary as we know it from unix...
> Also, does anyone know of a useful implementation of the
> fork() Unix system call ?
Have a look at CreateProcess().
> And finally, does anyone know of an implementation of
> POSIX shared memory scheme for windows?
Don't know, sorry.