This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
- To: "Bossom, John" <John dot Bossom at Cognos dot COM>
- Subject: Re: cancelling
- From: Thomas Sailer <sailer at ife dot ee dot ethz dot ch>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:25:31 +0200
- CC: pthreads-win32 at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: IfE
- References: <430F887D415DD1118C2700805F31ECF1037F1263@sota0005.cognos.com>
"Bossom, John" wrote:
> Now, originally I implemented the pthread_cancel mechanism
> with Microsoft's SEH (Structured Exception Handling)
> and internally the BAD DEED is being thrown using this
> mechanism and being caught by the thread start routine.
> You should check to see if someone changed the thread
> start routine to use the C++ exception mechanism.
The code currently seems to support three mechanisms:
if _MSC_VER is defined, it seems to be using SEH.
otherwise, if __cplusplus is defined, it seems to
be using C++ EH.
otherwise, it just starts the thread without any
Now the question is how the precompiled
DLL on the net was compiled.