This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
Re: What will be in the next snapshot, due soon.
- To: Pthreads Developers List <pthreads-win32 AT sourceware.cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: What will be in the next snapshot, due soon.
- From: Mumit Khan <khan AT xraylith.wisc.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:27:33 -0500
Ross Johnson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Mumit Khan's patches to enable building the library under
> Mingw32/MSVCRT are in there too.
A small clarification -- the patches will allow fully working pthreads
with GCC ix86-pc-mingw32 ports (mingw ports using either CRTDLL or MSVCRT
runtimes), but you'll need to wait till the next release of gcc for it
to actually work.
The changes needed:
- a minor tweak to system header
- a not so minor tweak to make thread-safe C++ exceptions to work with
I can always make a snapshot available for those who want to play with it,
however with the caveat that certain items may change in the real release
that will break binary compatibility (probably expected when you're used
to dealing with using developer snapshots anyway).