This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the pthreas-win32 project.
pthread-win32 for winCE ?
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,John.Bossom@cognos.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,Kevin.Ruland@anheuser-busch.com
- Subject: pthread-win32 for winCE ?
- From: Tristan Savatier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 00:47:31 -0700
- CC: Gilles Boccon-Gibod <email@example.com>,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: MpegTV
First, I have to congratulate you all for the good work.
I have had no problem using your pthread-win32 to port
a complex multithreaded linux application (a real-time
mpeg video+audio player) to win32.
But I noticed that your implementation currently relies on
some semaphore routines (e.g. ReleaseSemaphore) that do
not exist on WinCE (Windows-CE defines only a subset
of the Win32 API).
So my question is: how difficult would it be to modify
pthread-win32 so that it could also be used on winCE
I see two ways for doing that.
- Either change pthread-win32 so that it only calles
routines that are defined on WinCE,
- Or keep the current implementation, identify the routines
that do not exist on WinCE and emulate the missing routines
using WinCE primitives (e.g. re-implement the semaphores
routines using the WinCE API).
What is your opinion on this problem ?