Re: How to resolve hiccups by patch program?

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 11:47 +0100, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
> I wish you a happy new year.

And to you.

> I ask because the technical details might be relevant for the open issue "Improve const-correctness" (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8160) with the Asterisk software. Would you like to share any more ideas for a solution to the observed obstacle?
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.subversion.tortoisesvn.user/5180

I have yet to see a patch reject that was created by patch(1) without
good reason.  There are sure to be conflicts of some sort in the patch.
If there are any conflicts at all, they need to be resolved by human
intervention -- there is no other way to be sure that the patch may be
applied without producing an incorrect result.

Tim.
*/