Re: Cygwin: Implement sched_[gs]etaffinity() commit breaks RTEMS port

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 28 10:06, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On Fri, 2019-06-28 at 03:17 -0700, Mark Geisert wrote:
We can call it a day, with review and release of the current patch state.
If you think it's worthwhile to implement CPU_SET on Cygwin now, rather
than later, I can look into it but it's not strictly necessary at this
time.

We shouldn't be do things half-way.  taskset may not require it, but
any use of CPU sets could very well expect this to be present:

http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/CPU_SET.3.html

Agreed.  We shouldn't release 3.1 without it.

Fair enough on the requirement. Just FYI I'll be AFK for two weeks beginning July 4, so will try to get this done before I leave. No big worry there.

Please forgive my ignorance of licensing details... Are we allowed to copy GNU library source into Cygwin? Or is re-implementation from documentation the way to go? In either case, must the glibc file organization be followed or is platform-specific rejiggering acceptable?

I'd like to just add the CPU_SET macros to Cygwin's new sys/cpuset.h and any needed support code to our sched.cc but am willing to hear other options.
Thanks,

..mark