Re: Cannot build Newlib on a Linux PC

The linux build for newlib is a very delicate thing.  It works using an
> [...]

Thanks for the information.

If we leave the Linux builds aside, what is the fastest way to test changes in Newlib? Is there a simulator for an embedded system that is fast to start up?

I am working on a ARM Cortex-M4F microcontroller, and flashing a new firmware takes a long time. I would prefer some sort of ARM Cortex simulator.

By the way, I am surprised that Newlib breaks this way and nobody notices. Does the Newlib team run some kind of automated tests before each release/snapshot?

I know the autotools and I could contribute some improvements. But I fear that I could break things and not realise. I do not have a baseline at the moment to test against.

Best regards,
  rdiez