Re: Cygwin strptime() is missing "%s" which strftime() has

On 2017-08-18 09:23, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Jul 31 11:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> Finally got all the prereqs installed and a clean build.
>>> My configure uses the default prefix /usr/local, which is at the head of my
>>> personal path.
>>> Is that enough for a test build, and how do I do that, or do I have to replace
>>> the current release, with configure --prefix=/, make install into /bin/?
>>
>> The configured paths don't matter for the Cygwin DLL itself, and your
>> patch doesn't change any headers or entry points of the lib.  So just exit
>> from Cygwin, replace the DLL in Explorer, start a shell and go ahead.
>
> any news on the patch?

Rebuilding and replacing cygwin1.dll did not link to the updated strptime.
I verified this by renaming then moving the installed dll to verify that Cygwin
would not run without it.
Test program still failing as if the code was unchanged.
Please see other more detailed message, which I resent as it did not appear to
make it to the list, although no failure response was received.