Re: ARM EABI -specs=nosys crt0.o not being linked in

Am 30.03.2017 um 08:54 schrieb Schwarz, Konrad:

To my thinking, nosys.specs, rdimon.specs, rdpmon.specs, linux.specs,
pid.specs, ... are mutually exclusive, since each defines an
interface to a "BIOS".  It follows that nosys.specs should be
properly defining startfile.  Is that correct?

I'd say no, it's not. The name "nosys" should be read at face value: it says that there is _no_ system assumed. Which gives you the opportunity to specify the details of how the system is get up out of reset, by specifying your own choice of start-up file explicitly, on the command line. But that also gives you the _obligation_ to actually do it.

Specs files exist to assist you with tailoring the compiler and tools to your system --- not to assume 100% of the job for every imaginable use case.