Re: GIT source build failure: wcwidth.c::_wcwidth misses __locale_cjk_lang()

Hi Hans-Bernhard,

On Aug 22 23:23, Hans-Bernhard Bröker wrote:
> Am 22.08.2016 um 11:29 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > If you're willing to provide a patch, the patch does not have to contain
> > the generated files.  I would create them locally and push the result.
>
> Well, OK, so here goes. The core of the modification is best expressed as a
> pseudo shell script (don't run this without double-checking it!)
>
> cd newlib
> find . -type f -name 'Makefile.am' | \
>   xargs sed -i -e '/AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS.*=/s/cygnus/foreign no-installinfo
> no-dist/'
> cd ..
>
> and then apply the attached patch
> "newlib-de-cygnussify-remaining-patch.diff" for the finer details, fix
> auto-tools to latest versions, then autoupdate, autoreconf.

Sounds simple enough.  I'll try this in the next couple of days.

> > > main::scan_file() called too early to check prototype at
> > > /usr/bin/aclocal-1.11 line 644.
> >
> > Yeah, I was already wondering about this.  Patches *extremely* gratefully
> > accepted.
>
> All I can see off-hand is that scan_file() calls itself recursively in that
> line 644, which would tend to explain that message.  aclocal-1.12 gets rid
> of that by adding prototype declarations (lines 156 ff.). Back-porting most
> of those prototypes into 1.11.6 appears to get rid of this warning without
> too much pain.
>
> A real Perl programmer should look over this, though.

I don't think we have to do that if we're going to use a newer aclocal
in future anyway, isn't it?

> Well, FWIW, the attached lift-autconf-version-restriction.diff bluntly
> removes that restriction.  I won't guarante the absence of any adverse
> effect, thoughe ;-)

Heh :)   I'll test this on Cygwin.  This should basically cover the
most complex setup, so I don't think other targets will have much of a
problem.

> And just in case: yes, all these patches are free for unrestricted used by
> the public.

Thanks :)

Corinna

--