RE: Newlib port for new architecture

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for your suggestion. I moved to Ubuntu env on a VM, and I could easily build the library for arm -none-eabi  with  "--disable-newlib-supplied-syscalls" option.

Now, I am starting to add changes necessary to support tricore architecture. For basic support, my understanding is that following need to be updated:
- "newlib" configure.ac file [to add target option]
- low level code for  setjmp and longjmp.
- add configure.in/.ac @ libc/machine/"tricore target folder name"
- update ieee headers, setjmp buffer size header, /sys/config header,
=>As I understand libgloss porting is not necessary as first step. Please correct me if I am wrong...

From community side, I have couple of questions:
- Would somebody in community, be generous enough to peer-review my changed files?
- Once build is successful, Is there any formal procedure required to push the updated code back to git-repo?    [this is needed later]

Thanks again!!!

Many Regards,

Varun Kumar

Staff Engineer IFIN ATV SW