Re: Cross compiling Newlib for ARM in Cygwin

On 3/23/2016 8:37 AM, Rob Savoye wrote:
On 03/23/2016 06:22 AM, Schwarz, Konrad wrote:

   Most of us that build cross compilers for Win32 based systems use
Mingw to built it on a Linux host. Mingw is the console version, an
doesn't need any Cygwin libraries at all. They'll run just fine under
Cygwin as well. If you want to be lazy, you can grab my binary tarballs
for Windows from here:

http://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/5.3-2016.02/

Rob.. we are finalizing having RTEMS cross-tools built under MSYS2
and actually being able to build them natively on Windows.

What do you recommend at the install prefix when they are Mingw/MSYS2
binaries? Do you just put them at a Windows rooted path and use
/cygdrive/c/... to reference them from Cygwin?

FWIW when building natively under Windows, we have hit the maximum
path limit with at least binutils. There are some other flaky issues
we are trying to resolve.

Just curious what the best practice is.

--joel