Re: Year 2038 problem

On 18 Nov 2015, at 2:47 AM, R. Diez wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I am developing embedded firmware on 32-bit ARM Cortex-Mx processors. I believe that there is still no work-around for the year 2038 problem in newlib, right?
>
> On another note, there seems to be no way for tzset to report any parsing errors. That means the user does not know if the time zone string was parsed correctly.
>

> Because of these issues, I guess I will have to write the whole date/time code from scratch, which is no fun. Or can someone suggest a work-around or another time-handling library?
>
> Regards,
>  rdiez

I have a solution for 32 bit, if your interested. I couldnt sell it to ibm, apple or ms... they only need 64 bit. Interested
give me a shout. It also does time zones +-2^31, but I haven't updated in a while. Its fast too, newlib is faster for times
between 1970 to about 1982 thou. PS i did mean to contact Corinna about this ages ago, but after shot down by
the big 3,lost my nerve. oh it makes a 350 mhz ppc run time zones as fast as 2.26 ghz intel (at least in my tests).
Steve
pheonix.sja@att.net