Moving the git master branch

Hi guys,

a few weeks ago I made a mistake.  I made Cygwin changes on the master
branch which were not ready for prime time and are still pretty much
experimental and may actually *never* make it into the release.

Since we needed a bugfix release, I created a branch to take out the
questionable changes.  But rather than keeping the changes on an
experimental branch and cut the release from master, I made a release
branch called "cygwin-2.0".

This leads to the unfortunate situation that I have to merge all
changes from "master" into "cygwin-2.0" all the time.

So, since the difference between master and cygwin-2.0 is only the
experimental changeset, what I'd *like* to do is to rename "master"
to "cygwin-acl" and "cygwin-2.0" to "master":

  git branch -m master cygwin-acl
  git branch -m cygwin-2.0 master
  git push -f origin master
  git push -f origin cygwin-acl

The only downside, as far as I can see, is that the two newlib snapshot
tags

  newlib-snapshot-20150423
  newlib-snapshot-20150323

are then on the "cygwin-acl" branch rather than on master.  I guess this
could be easily rectified as well by dropping the tags and recreating
them on the master branch.  The differences don't affect newlib or
libgloss anyway.

Would that be ok?  Does anybody think this should be done differently
and, if so, how?

Thanks,
Corinna

--