Re: __getreent in libgloss

On 06/11/14 09:56, Stefan Wallentowitz wrote:
We use Multicore or1k in our projects and would be happy to try RTEMS. What do
you think is the required effort?

Sorry, for being off topic to the Newlib list. This should probably addressed in devel@rtems.org.

Enabling SMP support for a particular architecture/BSP is quite simple in RTEMS. You need:

1. Support for C11 atomic operations.

2. A couple of defines and functions in the CPU port header file.

3. The implementation of these functions.

4. Some additional assembly code in the context switch function.

This can be done in one day depending on your experience with RTEMS and the actual architecture.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de

Diese Nachricht ist keine geschÃftliche Mitteilung im Sinne des EHUG.